Sunday 7 July 2013

An Introduction to Trails and Tribulations

Have you ever wanted to be in two places at once? Living away in Mongolia for a year created an interesting dilemma for me. On one hand, I felt pulled towards Sydney - being away refreshed my view of Sydney and returned some of the wonder that I had when I first moved here more than 10 years ago. On the other, there was a desire to continue to travel, and absorb and understand the perspectives of others.

I’m lucky to be able to embrace both this year and am hoping to spend time in Sydney as well as take some adventures overseas paddling, hiking and travelling slowly, making the most of opportunities to meet new people and try out some new ideas.

And what’s better than one crazy idea person, but two crazy idea people! As the browser switched to Googlemaps I could sense a kindred soul perk up, and without a moment of hesitation Billy was peering over my shoulder.

We’d like you to share in our adventures too! This blog picks up the hiking and slow travelling threads of the year and hopes to capture some of the trails and tribulations of our journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment